Re: [ga] ICANN Reform -- Process Issues

Danny,

a) most of the substantive work is done during the teleconferences,
including one where slots were reserved for outside people including
several for the GA.  If you bother to read the minutes from the last one
you will note that I could have been accused of hogging the microphone.
b) more than once I have posted here reminding the GA that if there is
consensus I will carry to the TF (actually to either of the task forces
I serve on).

so before talking about denying representation, etc. it would be nice to
get the facts straight please. There may indeed be the problems you
speak of but I dont see that you have proved them.

The *specific* problem here that you are shining a light on is not the
Transfer TF. It is functioning of the GA.  Despite the best efforts of
the GA chairs, the GA has not been able to consistently come up with
consensus or even strongy delineated views, for me to bring to the
table. I would even bring to the TF table stuff from the GA that I
happen to strongly disagree with...should that arise. Im here to do a
job and I said I would do my best to represent, and...to the best of my
ability...I will.

Please, so much time is spent internally fighting and complaining about
the outside.  Can we not do a better job here in the GA?   A sure way to
miss out on the party is to not come prepared. I am no fan of ICANN or
its structure, etc. But while we are stuck with it, why do the best we
can instead of complaining?