[ga] Re: Abusing consensus in the Tranfers TF

Ross,

Let's be clear about this... You seek to have the TF wrap up its business
within one month and adopt your proposal even though there has been no effort
made within the TF to seek the views of those that would be impacted by your
proposed policy.  There has been no call for alternate proposals, no outreach
conducted, and no attempt to formally involve the registrant community.  In
spite of a teleconference devoted to the topic of apparent authority, there
has been no Task Force language adopted to clarify that which constitutes
apparent authority within the ICANN process.  On list, there has been no
dialogue whatsoever between task force members other than you and Marilyn in
the last month, and the new representatives from the NCDNHC haven't yet even
entered into the TF to participate (and will surely require a fair amount of
time to rise to the challenge imposed by the learning curve in this subject
area).

You argue that:  "The work of this task force thus far has focused on points
number 1 through 5 in the Final Terms of Reference document tabled by our
chairperson on December 4, 2001" and you now seek to move right on to the
concluding point six.  Let me remind you of points 3 and 4:

3. Identify any issues not yet fully addressed by the Registrar's document
and develop appropriate task force processes to ensure that these outstanding
areas are addressed in a timely manner that reflects the input of all
affected stakeholders;
4. Develop effective mechanism to take input from registrants (across all
sectors-individuals, non commercial, government, corporate, other) for
initial validation of concerns regarding impact of transfers on registrants;
ensure documentation of such outreach; including requesting substantive
submissions from those who may be affected;

Prove to me that you have focused on these points.  If you can substantiate
TF activities in compliance with these points then I will concur that you are
ready to move on, otherwise it is wholly inappropriate behavior to move to
closure of the TF process by April 30.