Re: [ga] RE: Consensus on consensus?

Sotiris:

I think if you trotted yourself down to your friendly neighborhood library and
checked out the book cited below you'd change your mind.  As a matter of
fact, most of the things that we do every day of our lives are based on consensus,
among neighbors, friends, local authority, the folks at church, etc., etc.  Especially
in the last of those listed there is soon developed great reluctance to try to carry
out "gang rule" (though some will try, as in any "local politics"), given the context
and the moral climate that the parties function within and are expected to honor.

icannatlarge.com, incidentally, is all about setting the appropriate moral climate
and mind set as to what the members have a right to expect from one another,
and so far it is doing quite well.

The Consensus Building Handbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Reaching Agreement
prepared by The Consensus Building Institute (Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks,
London, New Delhi, 1999), Lawrence Susskind, Sarah McKearnan, Jennifer Thomas-
Larmer, Eds.

It sets out one of the basic premises of Best Practices, and all of these can be seen at http://www.cerebalaw.com/BPIial.htm.

Bill Lovell