[ga] VERISIGN predatory Domain Expiration Notices

I belive most of our customers who registered domains under Tucows
Registrar  are receiving  "Domain Expiration Notice" from Verisign.

Domain Expiration Notice is dominant on this piece of mail.  Verisign
Logo is muted and inconspicuous, the whole notice is designed to mislead
unsuspecting consumer to thinking they are renewing their domain (the
back of the Domain Expiration notice carries disclaimer to the fact that
consumer is signing off on domain Transfer along with domain
registration).  Verisign Logo can be associated with trust in Verisign
central Registry.

Many of your customers may  get slammed into paying this invoice
thinking they are renewing their domain, unaware they are transferring
it to Verisign.

We have posted Verisign SCAM Warning on our home page
http://www.eyeondomain.com and are preparing to email our customer base
about this.  Our home page presents scanned copy of Domain Expiration
Notice (one of thousands received on domains originally registered and
currently maintained in Tucows Registrar)

GoDaddy already warned their Customer base in their recent anouncement:
http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/private_vsrn.asp?isc=&se=%2B&from%5Fapp=&r
hl=gd+hdr

Additional Copies of these documents can be viewed at
http://www.domainscams.com

I would like to call attention to the 7/16/2001 letter from Roger
Cochetti, VP Policy, Verisign Inc to ICANN
http://www.icann.org/correspondence/cochetti-to-lynn-16jul01.htm
where among other things Mr. Cochetti occuses his competitors of:
QUOTE
This failure to obtain express authorization may have resulted from what
is known in the telecommunications industry as "slamming"-transferring
customers to their registrar without any notification whatsoever.
UNQUOTE

Genie Livingstone
eyeondomain.com