Re: [ga] Organizing structure work.

On 2002-03-12 15:29:48 -0500, Joanna Lane wrote:

>Not that I disagree with your approach, and it's great to see a
>positive reaction to pull everybdoy together, but is the purpose
>of the WG to produce one definitive DNSO restructuring proposal on
>the basis of a consensus of participants in the proposed WG? Or do
>you think a number of mutually exclusive proposals may be put
>forward, each of which could go forward separately?

What will have to be done first is this:

 - understand what kinds of proposals are out there
 - understand what these proposals mean
 - document that understanding

At least for the first steps, it's not really important whether we
strive for the Great Unified Reform Plan (I don't believe we'll be
the ones to find that one, but we may wish to keep the goal within
sight), or whether we just try to end up with a set of distinct and
well-understood proposals.  In fact, the latter is a necessary step
on the way to a GURP, and it's a step to which the GA can reasonably
try to contribute by bundling public input into the DNSO's "GURP
process". ;-)

--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/