Re: [ga] Icannatlarge.com - please give it a chance!

Alex and all assembly members, stakeholders or interested parties,

  We are giving it a chance Alex.  I also agree that any such effort
should be open to any and all stakeholders/users, as do all
of our [INEGroup] members.

The big problems that have been expressed are more along the
lines of the following:

1.) A steerting committee was "Appointed" by Joop-Pinder
     that does not seem to reflect the will of the thus far
     ICANNATLARGE.COM membership ( i.e. these
     and not elected folks in this Steering Commettee)

2.) A difirenciation of "Type" of membership has been
     effected from the get go which did not meet the
     predominance of the ALSC participants indicating
     that only Domain Name holders are of "Special"
     signifigance.  This is against the MoU and the White
     paper and is therefore disenfrnchising as a result.

3.) There is not Email forum for this effort only Webmail
      which as many know is too easly manipulated.

Alexander Svensson wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have now seen several mails about Icannatlarge.com:
>
> -- Some people object to some people becoming members,
> -- some people object to some people in the group
>    which Thomas Roessler ironically called "cabal".
>
> About the first:
> We not only have to be inclusive, we /want/ to be
> inclusive, don't we? I'm *very* happy to have e.g.
> Marilyn Cade, Esther Dyson and Mike Roberts on the
> membership list. That doesn't mean that you have to
> agree with them -- it shows that they take it serious.
> It's exactly what we need for the Accra meeting:
> A list of people which shows that there is serious
> interest in a self-organized At Large.
>
> About the second:
>   | cabal: [Webster dictionary]
>   | the artifices and intrigues of a group of persons
>   | secretly united to bring about an overturn or
>   | usurpation especially in public affairs; also :
>   | a group engaged in such artifices and intrigues
>
> This is exactly what the Icannatlarge.com steering group
> tries to do, except that the group works in the open and
> doesn't want to overturn or usurp. ;) The list is archived
> publicly and *all* the Icannatlarge.com steering group
> tries to do is to help Joop by putting the responsibility
> on more shoulders: The group has e.g. just recommended that
> the membership list (default view) should not differentiate
> between domain holders and non domain holders. (Please give
> Joop some time to implement it! Like most involved in the
> effort, he's just a human being.) In fact, everyone of that
> group agreed.
>
> If you are not happy with any of the features of the
> site, please contribute ideas and/or code! We are **NOT**
> the leaders of the At Large, we are just helping with
> the website.
>
> The bottom line:
> This is our chance to show that At Large /can/ self-organize.
> Let's not waste this chance. The Accra meeting is coming up,
> and we have by now all read the writing on the wall. If we
> don't manage to get it started, there will probably never be
> an ICANN At Large.
>
> Best regards,
> /// Alexander

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827