Re: [ga] RIPE NCC response to the Lynn Roadmap

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:46:53 EST, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

>Thanks to Bret Fausett for posting the RIPE NCC's response to the ICANN
>reform proposal document:
>http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/about/regional/icann-reform.html
>
>RIPE's concluding remarks:  "Seeing that you are proposing fundamental
>changes to ICANN and the principles behind the ICANN - RIR MoU, signed in
>1999, we believe that in the interest of our members, we have to thoroughly
>re-assess our relationship with ICANN."

Good on them.

I am now rapidly approaching the opinion that the ccTLDs should carry
on forming their own peer association and then negotiate directly with
the US Department of Commerce to take over ICANN's role with regards
to any ISO3166-1 entries in the root.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com