Re: [ga] Icannatlarge.com - conflict of interest

Dear Bill,
You cannot ask ALSC people to contradict themselves. You cannot ask Joop Teernstra not to consider registrants firsts. You cannot ask Mike Roberts to disregard if people bring money or not.

Pindar Wang, Esther Dyson, Mike Roberts, etc.. are people we strongly opposed for very good reasons and for a long while. Because - among others - they created the problem with the mission creep, creating the ALSC and starting calling the Govs in. We supported a lot Joop Teernstra endeavors, but not his approach.

Esther and Pindar belong to the ALSC which defend positions they do not disapprove and we formally disapprove. We are bother objected by the BoD and Stuart, this make them temporary allies, but differences remains because their objectives are not ours. This may change but let not confuse early enthusiasm and objective interest. Let be grown boys, otherwise, BoD and Staff will be quick at considering this as a manipulation.

IMHO @large are first real people. And real people are in a country, with a real NIC, with a real Gov, with real Media, with real consumer organizations, with a real culture. And this carries much more weight than Stuart's and BoD's unrealistic plans or uncertainty.

We should certainly pragmatically support our today bed fellows.
They want to be accepted back by the ICANN which dropped them out.
We should remember we want ultimately to commonly own the ICANN.so it servers us instead of blocking and may be in the future directnig us.
Jefsey