Re: [ga] Extension of WLS Comment Period

Hi Chuck,

--- "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@verisign.com> wrote:
> extending
> the deadline for comments to the revised WLS proposal to midnight
> (whatever
> time zone you prefer), 7 March 2002.  Comments should be sent to
> wls@verisign.com and should include the supporting information
> specifically
> requested in the revised proposal.

Will this change in deadlines also affect the timing of the "Target for
VGRS decision regarding the WLS Proposal", currently set at March 8,
2002? Given that your answer to B.20.a of the "Responses" document
stated that Verisign believes it does not require a consensus process
to go forward, and most folks are equally opposed to (or even more
opposed) now, I imagine Verisign will attempt to ram things through
ICANN irregardless of how people respond by March 7.

[If someone can discuss the process to intervene at ICANN, that would
be useful. Also, links to relevant contracts between ICANN and VGSRS
would help too.]

You mentioned that the responses document would be available in HTML
form. If you can provide a link, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/