Re: [ga] Online attendance

Danny and all assembly members,

  It is obvious and has been for some time now that the NC along with the
ICANN BoD and staff, including especially vinton Cerf, that a undertone
of desire from certain sectors within the DNSO and the ICANN BoD
are very interested if eliminating the GA and severally limiting the
DNSO as to participation.  The same is of course true of the
At-Large.  Many of us have seen this systematically happening and
have spoken out against such a direction.

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Dear NC Chair,
>
> Our Bylaws provide that "The GA shall meet at least once a year, if possible
> in conjunction with regularly scheduled meetings of the Board. To the maximum
> extent practicable, all meetings should be available for online attendance as
> well as physical attendance."
>
> In your letter to the Council you wrote:  "Due to a change in arrangements I
> understand that the DNSO meetings will not be webcast if we fail to find
> sponsors. However, secretarial services, writing of minutes (and possibly an
> audio recording of the Names Council meeting) will be provided as a minimal
> service."  http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc09/msg00161.html
>
> Please advise if it is your intent to honor the Bylaws, and to provide for
> online attendance for members of the GA.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827