Re: [ga] Re: On Accra agenda?

With respect, I think more is called for.

The Names Council has manipulated the TF/WG process beyond the bounds of
good taste.  Since Working Groups were too hard to control, it abandoned
them, and created Task Forces where it could control membership and
chairmanship.  In the case of one notorious TF -- the one on 'structure'
and thus the one with the greatest danger of doing something that might
break the current capture by a faction on the NC -- the NC chair arranged
to have himself appointed himself the chair of the TF, wrote a report
supporting his interests and essentially ignoring dissenters.  That report
will then go to ... the NC for approval.  That NC may well be run by the
same person whose term is currently in danger being extended in violation
of the previously existing rules of the NC.  (Control at any price?)

In light of this history and your past personal commitment on this issue,
the topic deserves its own separate agenda item, and guaranteed time for
focussed discussion, not a relatively vague "expectation" that it may
"fall with the range" or **possible** discussion (and/or get crowded out
by other things).  The current 'fluidity' of the agenda makes doing this
easy....although of course the same fluidity means that no one can plan
whether to attend or not based on firm expectations of the topics to be
discussed -- something which underscores the importance of high-quality
support for remote participation, and the ability for remote participants
to pass comments subject to the same flexible time constraints and
especially lack of editing granted to live participants.

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, vint cerf wrote:

> although the agenda is still somewhat fluid the question of
> organizational structure will be on the table since we must
> make decisions at least with regard to the proposed At Large
> Support Organization. I expect the discussion will range beyond
> that and DNSO matters strike me as falling within the range
> of possible discussion.
>
> vint
>
> At 01:14 PM 2/17/2002 -0500, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
> >Dear Mr. Cerf,
> >
> >On December 17 you were kind enough to advise that certain GA concerns would
> >be addressed at an upcoming Board meeting.  Will these concerns be placed on
> >the agenda for Accra?
> >
> >Best wishes,
> >Danny Younger

		Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org