Re: [ga] WLS input

Thomas and all assembly members,

  ALthough you "Summary" is very nice, it has been pointed out
by Patrick to be somewhat incomplete and also does not address
the process issue as the GA members requested, posted two polls
on, and have shown a great deal of interest in.  Hence it would
seem that a need for a WG for Delete, than debate, and discussion,
as you very rightly suggest below, and then a Report from those
debates and discussions be put before the GA members in the
form of a ballot to vote upon as we have done in the past.

  Anything less, Thomas will be milk toast and may not boad
well for you tenure as Chair...  At least have an open mind about it...

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> On 2002-01-18 05:58:20 +0000, Abel Wisman wrote:
>
> >He welcomed feedback from a proposed workgroup, though the voting
> >on that dissapeared for smoe reason, nontheless itis in my opinion
> >a chance to at least be heard in this case, whether they will use
> >our opinion is ofcourse a totally different matter.
>
> There was no vote which could have disappeared.  Also, I still do
> not see what benefite a discussion on a separate list would have
> over a discussion on this list.
>
> However, may I suggest that you just go into document production
> mode yourself over the week-end, and try to write down a brief (one
> page) summary of what you believe to be the consensus of the GA on
> the WLS and secondary market topics?
>
> You could submit this to the GA as a draft which can then go through
> some iterations of debate and consensus-finding.
>
> I wish you much luck with this, and I'm really looking forward for
> your results.
>
> (I tried last week and gave up - I was not able to find any
> substantial consensus beyond an apparently wide-spread perception
> that WLS is somehow "bad", and beyond some points about which
> consensus even included Chuck Gomes. In particular, I was not able
> to isolate a consistent set of requirements for a possible new
> process, which is what Rick Wesson requested. I then ended up with
> the conclusion that the best thing I could do would be to continue
> my general ga-summary series.)
> --
> Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827