Re: [ga] RE: WLS Input

Kristy McKee wrote:

> ><snip>  And many of these customers are trademark owners re-acquiring
> >names in which they consider themselves to have intellectual property
> >rights.  See http://www.snapnames.com/corporate_clients.html.
> >
> >(All contents of SnapNames' website are protected from direct copying by
> >applicable copyright laws.)

What a laugh that is! I'll refrain from giving any legal advice here.
(I don't much give a rip about SnapNames, but this booboo was
to egregious not to note.)

Bill Lovell

> >Sincerely,
> >

> >Cameron Powell
> >VP of Business Development and General Counsel
> >SnapNames
> >115 NW First Avenue
> >Suite 300
> >Portland, OR  97209
> >(503) 219-9990 x229    (503) 502-5030 cell    (503) 274-9749 fax
> >cameronp@snapnames.com
> ><snip>
>
> What will you do to support the Trademark owners who already have the
> domains that match their trademarks and do not wish to discontinue use of
> them at any time?  None of your literature permits these folks to opt-out
> of your automated re-registration program.
>
> :)
>
> ~k

The URLs for Best Practices:
DNSO Citation:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents"; "August 2001:
Proposal for Best Practices for the DNSO GA." This
page also includes much else about the DNSO.)
Part I:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader,
available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)
Part III:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-PartIII.html