Re: Task Forces captured? (Re: [ga] Thank you)

Marc and all assembly members,

Marc Schneiders wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, at 03:52 [=GMT+1100], Patrick Corliss wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:55:25 +0100, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>
> > >  - We'll try to persuade the GA's representatives to the various task
> > >    forces to send reports to the GA list on a half-regular basis.
> > >    Look at David Farrar's report from the review task force, or at
> > >    Marc Schneider's latest summary on dot-org for examples.
> >
> > The Task Forces are captured by the big business interests.
>
> This is too general a statement. I don't think the Task Force in which I
> participated (on ORG) was captured by big business interests. All voices
> were heard, even mine :-) The outcome was a compromise, naturally.

  I think Patrick's point was or is that only TF members could participate
in the discussion ML's for those task forces therefore being captured
in that sense.  I have to agree with Patrick if that is what his meaning
is.  ????   I also agree with Patrick that WG's for DNSO GA interested
issues is a better forum as they are more open and transparent if any
DNSO GA members is allowed to actively participate.

  You point is also well taken regarding that the conclusion was a
compromise. Naturally.  >;)  However if any and all interested
parties or otherwise stakeholders were allowed to participate,
perhaps the compromise would have been quite different.

> --
> Marc@Schneiders.ORG

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827