[ga] Registrars.com forcing customers to transfer to NSI

I saw this post from a Registrars.com customer on another list:
> I'm looking for a recommendation for a domain registrar.  I've been using
> Registrars.com and have just been notified that my domains become registered
> by Verisign or Network Solutions on 1/21 unless I move them first.  Needless
> to say, I had better act quickly.

Then saw the notice on their website:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
In June of 2001, Registrars.com, Inc. was acquired by VeriSign, Inc.,
the world's leading provider of domain name registration and trust
services.  This acquisition affords individuals and businesses an
entire suite of world class Internet identity and trust services that
all businesses need in order to establish, promote, and protect their
identity, transactions and communications on the Internet.  Grow an
online presence with a full range of domain name offerings, Web site
tools, digital certificates and payment services.

Registrars.com will be phasing out its Web site and transitioning it
to VeriSign.  As a result of this migration, Registrars.com will not
be accepting any new customers or partners on this site.  VeriSign
offers all the same products that you have come to enjoy with
Registrars.com plus additional products and services to help grow your
online presence.  VeriSign welcomes the opportunity to have you as a
customer or partner and look forward to becoming your domain name
provider.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I don't see anything like this on Namesecure, another Verisign owned
registrar.

While Registrars.com's customer service was never impressive to start
with, I hope their customers wise up and move to other registrars
before the 21st, when they find their customer service levels dropping
to the horrible Verisign/NSI level.

It's the registrants being screwed here.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>

"There is no better way to exercise the imagination than the study of
the law. No artist ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer
interprets the truth."
-- Jean Giradoux