Re: [ga] Secondary market - criteria?

Bret and all assembly members,

Bret Fausett wrote:

> Thomas Roessler wrote:
> > Now, what happens when you follow Elliot Noss and drop Bret's
> > postulate that current registrants shouldn't know about the value of
> > their domain?
>
> Thomas, don't forget that all this proposal is concerned with is how to
> handle domain names at, about, and just after the time they expire and are
> deleted. Registrants interested in testing the value of their domain name in
> the secondary market can still do so throughout the time that they own the
> domain name, by posting it on one of the many auction sites or using an
> appraisal service.

  The problem with this is that while a DN holder may be doing this
testing as you suggest the WLS queue is getting bigger perhaps and
thereby undermining that DN holders efforts before he/she even gets
started.  That's not equitable, fair, or reasonable to the DN holder.
However it does provide some extra revenue for the Registry
(In this case Verisign)...  That seems a bit predatory to me...
And if I am not mistaken there are laws in the US and elsewhere
against such predatory business practices, are there not?

>      -- Bret

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827