[ga] Re: [GTLD Registries List] RE: Concerns about "trademarking" domain names and giving priority

Steve and all,

  Good overall battle plan Steve.  I can tell you first hand it can
work.
The bigger problem is maintaining momentum.  You must remember
most people are sheep...  Many are to lazy to stay the course or
do the work the you battle plan requires.  The other thing you need
is $$.  Lots of it!

SBFEIBISH@aol.com wrote:

>   Rich,
>
> About stopping Sunrise periods
> for generic trademark holders.
>
> We need a battle plan.
>
> Some random thoughts.
>
> 1.)  Let everyone know what's going on.
>
> purpose:
>
>      -build a large base of angry people
>
>      -the people in power can't stop it if
>       they don't know about it
>
> means:
>
> -explanations on web sites
> (www.theinternetchallenge.com is a good start)
>
> -newsgroup messages
> (not just limited to techie newsgroups -
> get general population involved)
>
> -emails to news organizations
> (do the leg work for the news organization -
> don't leave it up to the news organization
> to find relevant information)
>
> -emails to politicians
> (priority given to politicians in your voting district -
> they are more likely to pay attention to you
> if you can vote "for or against" and can mobilize
> others to do the same)
>
> 2.)  Get this angry base of people to:
>
> -contact their congressman, senator, etc.
> (make it easy for these people -
> supply these people with email addresses, etc.)
>
> -contact news organizations
> (the news organizations will be more likely to
> report the story if a large no. of people contact
> them)
>
> -chip in for litigation
>
> 3.) If all else fails, litigate.
>
> Steve Feibish
>
> In a message dated 1/11/02 8:13:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> richardhenderson@ntlworld.com writes:
>

> > I question the wisdom of the priority given by Afilias to Trademark
> holders,
> > particularly when it comes to generic names.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827