Re: [ga] Re: [icann-delete] Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:53:53 -0500

Hello,

--- Rick H Wesson <wessorh@ar.com> wrote:

> dotsplash:
>
> first of all I don't believe you as you don't sound like a
> registrant.
> first of all you don't use your own domain; you post from yahoo's
> free
> mail service. If you mailed from your own doain it would lend some
> credability to your post.

I'm obviously against dotsplash's point of view, as anyone who has
followed my postings can attest.

However, the issue of using a Yahoo email address to post from seems a
bit harsh. E.g. I use a Yahoo address for a bunch of mailing lists, so
that my main email addresses don't get swamped. Others appear to do the
same (e.g. even Peter Girard of Afternic/Register.com is using a Yahoo
address, which was in the CC: of your post). The issue of identity is
of course important, as having "anonymous supporters" or "the silent
majority" is given little credence. [for myself, I always post with my
real name, and my identity via a web link to one of my domains where
people can use a better email address to contact me, if need be]

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/