Re[2]: [ga] RE: [icann-delete] Proposal: Registry Re-circulation Sys tem

  • To: Ron Wiener <Ron@Snapnames.com>
  • Subject: Re[2]: [ga] RE: [icann-delete] Proposal: Registry Re-circulation Sys tem
  • From: "William X. Walsh" <william@wxsoft.info>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 08:42:28 -0800
  • CC: ga@dnso.org
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

Wednesday, Wednesday, January 09, 2002, 8:39:41 AM, Ron Wiener wrote:
> I don't even know who you are, William, so I don't have any opinion about
> you at all.
>
> If anything, my point was that not all speculators share the same opinions
> as Harold Whiting.  Many have stated to us and to ICANN that they would be
> very happy to see this utter mess cleaned up.  Fact is there has been a hole
> in the infrastructure that certain registrars have exploited for too long,
> and now a lot of people are threatened with the fact that it might get
> repaired and their back door into the gold mine may force them to use the
> front door instead.
>
> Whatever the % of SnapNames' revenue that comes from speculators is, all I
> can tell you is they certainly haven't stopped spending money on our site.
> Our sales continue to go up as we also get supportive letters from many of
> them.  The people who are squawking about us now are the same ones that
> always have -- their loss.

Meaning the people who have never approved of the way your company
does business, or that anyone should have preferred access in anyway.

I don't consider it my loss, I consider it my privilege to oppose this
deal.

I assure you, Ron, you will know who I am before this up, as I have
made killing this deal one of my primary goals right now.

--
Best regards,
William X. Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>