Re: [ga] Re: VeriSign Proposal a Done Deal??

Chuck and all assembly members,

Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> George,
>
> Let me change the analogy.  Is it okay for a property manager to have a
> waiting list?

  The answer is really bound in yet another question.  That being, whom
is the property manager, the registry or the registrar?  With the WLS
proposal that Verisign seem to favor, their answer would be the Registry.
However with the contracted and ICANN "Accredited" Registrars,
the answer may be the Registrar.  I personally would say that
there is a conundrum here.  I would say that BOTH the Registry
and the original Registrar or Registrar of last record, share the
responsibility of "Property Manager" given this analogy.

  So therefore if BOTH the Registry and Registrar of last record
or original Registrar, if both are the same, must agree on such a
policy process such as WLS.  In fact ALL of the registrars
must agree that this proposed policy method along with the
current registrants by vote, before this policy is accepted and
implemented.

  I know that our members would not be in favor of this proposal
for a number of reasons.  They are as I know them thus far as follows:

1.) A number of our members are stock holders in VRSN.  They
feel this proposal would incur legal disputes for some registrars
and have a potential negative effect on the VRSN stock price.

2.) Our members, DN holders all, do not feel that the service level
      of the registry would or is adequate to adequately effect this
       proposal in a manner that is fair

> Chuck

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827