Re: [ga] Re: VeriSign Proposal a Done Deal??

Abel,

I agree with you 200%. It's anti-competitive, ignoring the fact that we
have an existing system that seems to be working. I've not yet been
provided any proof that there is a technical problem at present, other
than a large number of "checks" or "add attempts" that fail every day.

Verisign surely has the technical ability to identify which registrars
are issuing those large amount of checks, and throttle them if
required. I would like Verisign to provide the list with a breakdown,
by registrar, of who is issuing these massive "denial of service"
attacks by issuing too many checks (this is, after all, what prompted
this proposal, isn't it?). Let's put it out in the open, and see who's
involved, so we can have an informed debate.

Also, assuming the registry code base is written in C, I'd like to
inform Verisign of the sleep() ANSI C library function. Surely they can
add it appropriately, to throttle the relentless assault on connections
that is causing such technical problems....(although, you can probably
buy a more advanced version of sleep, which throttles to any number of
milliseconds you want, compared to the limitations of the ANSI C
version).

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/