Re: [ga] CONCERNS - Questions to the chair candidate's

Jeff, Kristee, Alexander, and Thomas;

I respond by putting this as a question to the other candidates.
You see I have failed to receive the appropriate endorsements and so
I will be bowing out in less than 24 hours.
See;  http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2002.DNSO-GAchair.html

I will continue to work here because I believe this is the first real
global democracy project that bares fruit.

Our lives are always made richer by trying.

Sincerely,
Eric

Jeff Williams wrote:

> Eric and all assembly members,
>
>   Well your getting closer to detail.  And I suppose that is some
> progress at least.
> (More specific responses below in-line)
>
> Eric Dierker wrote:
>
> > Thank you Mr. Williams,
> >
> > Adopt and see through the best practices.  Implement a series of protocols to ensure
> > legitimacy to the GA.
>
>   Good start here IMHO.  Others opinions may vary of course..
> As to Implementing a series of protocols, don't you think those
> should be developed in a WG and than with some choices, voted
> upon by the GA members to insure that the majority of the GA
> members are on board?

Absolutely correct but a strong chair leadership role could put this in place.
Although I am not so sure that the chair should not establish them and then
work through a constant rules committee to keep them up to date and
to reflect the position of consensus.

> > Get rid of censorship but establish an automated posting limit at seven.
>
>   Of course censorship in any of it's forms is wrong, and has plagued this
> assembly from the beginning.  However it seems to me that a arbitrary
> limit on the number of posts is form of censorship.  As such, this would
> seem to be disjointed.

Posting limits are really not censorship.  They are quantitative rather than
qualitative.  As we in the US have learned lately, we can adapt our
rights in order to maintain a higher freedom.

> > Appoint and support the sublist directors and establish a system so that all are
> > publicly brought about to the ga list.
>
>   Ok.  How do you propose to implement this and whom is going to pay
> for the overhead costs?

I will given the parameters mentioned in;
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/msg03965.html
And is regardless of who is chair.

> > Ignore outside influence until we have our own house in order.
>
>   I will admit that ignorance is bliss, but to ignore any would be
> participant would seem to fly in the face of the White Paper and the
> MoU, even if that participant is only a part time participant...

Well you have a good point.  Let us then say "concentrate less
on outside influence until we have our own house in order.

> > Establish and maintain internal working groups on my previously listed concerns.
>
>   Good.
>

> > Fight like hell for inclusiveness.
>
>   A resolution by the GA members to require that inclusiveness without
> restriction should handle this problem...

We agree here and that is why I do not want Thomas elected.

> > Create a group to enforce through public pressure enforcement of the RFCs?
>
>   A very difficult task here!  Enforce upon whom or what segments of the
> Internet stakeholders.  How would this be effected?

That is what the WG will be for.  All good questions.

> > Establish some liaisons with such orgs as IETF,  ORSC, DoC and the like.
>
>   Very good idea.

Easier said than done but I note the ASO today discussed just such a matter.
http://www.lextext.com/icann/index.html

> > Create positions where folks like you and Mr. Walsh have something akin to supoena
> > power to get answers to tough question.
>
>   Hummm?  I am not sure that this is reasonable or even possible...

It is all part of funding and outreach, it can be done. Just for kicks;
Think of a US Federal Court Clerk union going on line, like the are
but joining our ranks.

> > Support our BoD members that support us.
>
>   Does this include the "Board squatters"?  I would think not..

Hell damn no.

> > Effectiveness is the Key and protocol is the means.
>
>   I think you mean protocols (Plural), but I get your meaning none the less...

Could it be Protoci? ;>}