Re: [ga] Proposed Amendment to the ICANN Bylaws on Director Term Alignment

Patrick, Louis and all assembly members,

  This again would seem to be another "Moving of the goal posts"
move or provision that would limit the potential impact that new
At-Large elected directors could have on ICANN policy rather
than an improvement to the management of ICANN itself.
I find it a very thinly vailed attempt to "Hood Wink" the
stakeholders...  Louis, you should be ashamed!

Patrick Corliss wrote:

> To: Names Council <council@dnso.org>
> Subject: [council] Proposed Amendment to the ICANN Bylaws on Director Term
> Alignment
> From: Louis Touton <touton@icann.org>
> Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:30:59 -0800
>
> To the Names Council:
>
> At the annual meeting in November, the Board requested that I prepare a
> proposed amendment to the ICANN bylaws to change the time when Directors
> selected by the Supporting Organizations are seated.  Currently, they
> are seated on the 1 October; under the proposal they would instead be
> seated at the end of the annual meeting.  This would mean that each
> year's group of new Directors would be seated at the same time.
>
> The proposal has been posted on the ICANN web site at
> <http://www.icann.org/general/proposed-bylaw-revision-28dec01.htm>.
> Comments are invited.  They should be made by e-mail or ICANN's
> web-based forum (see the posting for links) on or before 31 January
> 2002.
>
> With best wishes for the New Year,
>
> Louis Touton
> General Counsel

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827