[ga] Common and Simple

Most of you will not know me - I apologize for that.  I have been on this
list for  over a year, but have sent very few posts.  The reason is simple:
I do not have the inclination to entertain the lack of professionalism on
this list - so I wind up deleting most emails without reading them.  I am
saddened by this and as one of my New Years Resolutions I have promised
myself that I would read email from this list.

There are many good and well-meaning people on this list.  They represent
different viewpoints - that is what makes this list useful. However, I do
not understand why this list (and others) devolves into personal insults and
a general lack of professionalism.

It is my hope that we can all resolve to eliminate personalities from this
list, stop bickering, have constructive dialog, achieve goals, and get the
job done.  The amount of bandwidth (and time) we waste nit picking is
unconscionable.  If we used this time and energy to problem solve, perhaps
we could achieve more.

For those of you who I offend - I apologize L
For those of you who agree with me - thanks.
For the rest - get involved!

For all of us - lets work to make this electronic meeting place somewhere
where we can get the job done.

Happy holidays,
Dr Michael Gendron
Associate Professor