Re: [ga] Help - Attn DNSO Secretariat, DNSO Archives Missing or not resolving/forbidden

Eric and all assembly members,

  I also noticed this earlier today.  It seems like the archives that Eric
listed below are still either missing, not resolving or returning a
"Forbidden" error message...  Would the secretariat please
look into this?

Eric Dierker wrote:

>  http://www.dnso.org/archives.html
>
>  http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnso/WGs.html
>
>  http://www.dnso.org/dnso/archives.html
>
> In that I do not want to go shopping or wrap gifts, or proofread fifty
> pages of websites, I was looking up, through my archives, some old
> WG-Review documentation that I thought may be helpful regarding
> Transfers and the at-large.
>
> Alas, I was thwarted in my effort as all of the above resolve in error
> or a circle.
>
> So then I went to:
>  http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-review/Arc00/
> And alas it was forbidden.
>
> So then I went to:
> http://www.dnso.org/wgroups/wg-review/Arc02/maillist.html
> And I found what I was looking for.
>
> So before you read this could one of you great soles help straighten out
> those previous links so that common researchers can find what they
> need.  I also believe closed NC list should be open to the public.
>
> But here is what Karl wrote a year ago as a Christmas present to the
> WG-Review and I believe it most closely resembles my intention for this
> noble body;
>
>        > 1. Objectives of the DNSO Review Working Group
>        >
>        > The DNSO Review Working Group's objective is to evaluate
>        > the performance of ICANN's DNSO and to propose structural
>        > and procedural changes that will help ICANN's Domain Name
>        > Supporting Organization fulfill its mission of becoming a
> bottom-up
>        > policy coordination body.
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>        I have a bit of trouble with the limited powers implied by the
> word
>        "coordination".
>
>        The DNSO as a body is responsible not merely for "coordination"
> but also
>        for the *origination* of policy pertaining to DNS.  The
> initiative for
>        such policy might come from within the DNSO itself, by
> unsolicited input
>        from the net community, or by reference from the Board of
> Directors or a
>        question from another SO.
>
>        > The DNSO Review Working Group's objective is to evaluate
>        > the responses of DNSO stakeholders' and to vindicate that DNSO
>        > would be a structure that will include all of those who will be
> affected
>        > by the DNS of the future as well as the current Netizens.
>
>        We ought to dispense the concept of "stakeholders" - particularly
> as some
>        consider that concept to be one of the reasons why the DNSO is
> stumbling.
>        The DNS impacts everyone on the Internet.  That first sentence
> should be
>        reworded to begin "The DNSO Review Working Group's objective is
>        evaluate the responses of interested persons" ...
>
>        > 2. Authority - How this WG has been proposed and created.
>        >
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827