Re: [ga] Elections

Eric and all assembly members,

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Roeland thank you for your very helpful post here.  The whole post is full of
> very insightful matters but let me just address one at this time
>
> Roeland Meyer wrote:
>

> > Failing that, funding the GA is an awful lot like a Mexican farmer expecting
> > to get irrigation water from the Colorado River. By the time it gets to him,
> > it's a mud trickle ... barely damp ground. Both the ICANN/BoD and the
> > DNSO/NC are upstream and have dams in place. Any money you put into that
> > pipe will hit those dams and be diverted, anywhere but to the DNSO/GA. I
> > hope that your money sources realize that.
> >
> > Are they planning to do like Markle and fund individuals directly? If so,
> > that's about the only way it'll happen and for that to work, they'd have to
> > be non-specific as to whom gets funded.
> > --
>
> This looks to me to be the only way to get it done.  "a stipend for the
> person(s) fulfilling the role of the Chair(s)
> of the GA."  There would have to be assurances against directing the activities
> of said chairs.

  Yes you could address the DNSO GA Chair funding in this manner.
However I doubt you will find to many donors.

> So then Roeland gets elected Chair, now someone would be able to gift to him.
> If you get ten at ten thousand you could actually make it a full time job.

10k a full time salary?  I don't think so.  You need to be talking at least
60k!  10k would just barely cover the travel expenses for the first
year.

> would rather split the funding between two chairs and also use more of the money
> for expenses.  Or even a third that could actually act as a parliamentarian.

  Not even close here Eric.

> Sincerely,
> Eric

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827