Re: [ga] OBJECTION Re: Transfer TF elections

Thomas and all assembly members,

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> On 2001-12-11 15:15:54 -0600, Kristy McKee wrote:
>
> >I do not understand Thomas's objection and seems to not be
> >willihng or possible able to articulate it to me.
>
> First of all, it's getting late in my time zone.
>
> Second, I usually don't respond to individuals who send me "F**k You
> Too" notes via private e-mail half an hour before asking questions
> in public.

  Hummm?  Interesting converse positioning here Thomas.  But not
unexpected by me anyway.  You seem to first believe that private
posts are not for public consumption on the one hand, and yet on
the other hand make a point of commenting on someone's private
post to you publicly...  Very curious indeed.  Than to top it off,
you seem to be complaining about the potential comment
made to you off the public record, publicly.  Simply amazing,
but disgusting, SPIN!

> Third, I consider Jeff Williams and Eric Dierker unsuitable and
> unable to serve on any Names Council task force (or the like).  I'm
> sure that any attempt to work together with any one of them in order
> to represent the GA in a meaningful and coherent way would require
> an awful lot of time and effort, and would ultimately be futile.

  Perhaps so much exertion is more than you can muster.  I am sorry to
hear that.  I hope anyone suffering such inadequacies will seek a way
of correcting such, or improving so as to aid in such a correction...

> prefer not to waste my time on obviously futile efforts. Also (as I
> pointed out in my original message), I'd have to reconsider whether
> or not I want to represent this GA in the case that Eric or Jeff
> would be sent to the Task Force.  Because, in this case, the GA's
> collective and my personal idea of what constitutes good judgement
> would obviously be in complete contradiction.

  Ah, so you individual judgment is superior than to the collective
judgment of the DNSO GA members perhaps?  I do hope you
are not seriously thinking such.

> Fourth, the part of my message Jon was referring to concerned
> procedural issues: In Danny's original message which called for
> candidates, there was no mention at all of any observers being sent
> to the TF on behalf of the GA. I, for instance, have declared my
> interest based on the expectation that I'd represent the GA alone,
> or not at all.

  Well no one can adequately represent the GA alone in it's current
form or in any other form as an ASSEMBLY.

> If I had known that runner-ups are expected to be sent to the TF,
> too, I'd either have tried to make sure that there are other
> candidates I find suitable for the task force, or I'd have refrained
>  from a candidature.

  You are free to do fine other candidates regardless.  You are also
just a free to decline the candidacy as well.  It would seem to me
that perhaps you should decline to become a candidate given your
untenable and unreasonable position.  However I would have no
problem working with any of my fellow DNSO GA assembly members
as observers.  In fact I welcome them, each and every one in the
true and proud tradition of the Internet!  >;)

> This kind of change of rules is inappropriate at this point of time
> (i.e., when the election is almost started).

  What rule are you referring to?  Please be specific.

>  Instead of changing
> the meaning of a candidature and a vote at this point of time, the
> GA membership should either be given an opportunity to decide on
> this question by vote, too, or the vote should happen by the rules
> which were to be expected from Danny's original announcement.

  I agree that any policy position should be approved by vote of
ALL or the DNSO GA members before being accepted as
such a policy position.

> --
> Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827