[ga] Re: [nc-udrp] UDRP Review Questionnaire.

  • To: "[GA]" <ga@dnso.org>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [nc-udrp] UDRP Review Questionnaire.
  • From: "John Berryhill Ph.D. J.D." <john@johnberryhill.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 07:30:52 -0500
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

From: "Katrina Burchell" <Katrina.Burchell@unilever.com>

> I think we should start to discuss how we are going to analyse the answers
> between us

Given the composition of this group, and the level of familiarity and
perspectives on various aspects of the Policy among us, I would expect that
the results would be viewed through the lenses of our experiences.
Otherwise, the group would preferably be composed of persons unfamiliar with
the policy.

If the results indicate clear recurring themes, criticisms or proposals, then
such matters would merit more discussion than other issues where there is no
apparent dissension.  Obviously we don't need to discuss things about which
we all agree, but one hopes that lively, or even passionate, disagreement is
something we are equipped to deal with.  Uniformity of opinions may be
pleasant, but it is also dull and unproductive.

Irreconcilable differences can be resolved with pistols at dawn where
necessary.  There is a contingent among the Task Force which has announced
its discontinuation of participation in administration of the Policy, and
fired a rather public parting shot at the manner in which the Policy is
administered (the ammunition appears to have been "sour grape shot").  One
wonders about the value of future recommendations on the part of those who
have no future plans to participate in the results.  On the other hand, such
recommendations might be considered to be more "objective" since they are
based on experience and obviously not attributable to a present pecuniary
interest.