[ga] NC Review Task Force -- Captured by Business Interests ??

Ross,

If we were to use your argument that "Unless you are imply that these 62
individuals are somehow representative of the other 454, it cannot be
legitimately argued that the GA can achieve consensus on any issue", then
your own constituency finds itself in a conundrum...

You recently voted on the transfers protocol, an issue in which some 40
members voted out of the almost 200 registrars listed by ICANN (some
accredited, some not).  Many in your organization seek to argue that this is
the consensus position of the registrar community.  By your reasoning, the
vote conducted by the registrars does not necessarily constitute consensus in
view of the limited turnout... are you sure that you want to advance the
argument along these lines?

Consensus can only be reasonably measured by taking into account the vote of
those members actively choosing to participate in a vote.  Our members have
voted.  The results speak for themselves.  We believe this to be measurable
consensus.