[ga] NC Review Task Force -- Captured by Business Interests ??

Ross,

If I may ask a question... you speak of rough consensus and running code.
The GA has already arrived at consensus regarding the need to immediately
establish an individuals constituency and the need to restructure the DNSO.
Now that such determinations have been made by this Assembly, how would your
running code analogy bring these propositions to fruition?

There is no value in arriving at consensus just for the sake of stating that
we have arrived at consensus.  The Non-Com's routinely arrive at consensus
within their constituency and present resolutions at every plenary session.
It gets them nowhere, as they are ignored by both the Council and the Board,
as is the GA.

You argue that "I haven't heard anyone state that individuals don't need
meaningful representation within ICANN".  That may be true, but no
constituency other than the non-coms has gone on record as actually
supporting an individuals constituency (and that includes your constituency).
 Has any constituency articulated that they believe in the principle
articulated by both the ALSC and the Board that representation must accompany
participation?  If so, they would be arguing for representational rights for
the GA that enjoys no voting power within the DNSO.

Instead a concerted effort has been made to both deny representative rights
to individuals and to prevent GA members from fully participating in the
substantive work of the DNSO.  Open working groups do not exist under the
current Council regime.   Tell me how your running code attends to these
issues.