Re: [ga] NC Review Task Force -- Captured by Business Interests ??

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Corliss" <patrick@quad.net.au>
To: "[ga]" <ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 10:18 AM
Subject: [ga] NC Review Task Force -- Captured by Business Interests ??

> Of the constituency members mentioned, we have:
>
> $$    Marilyn Cade, Business Constituency
> $$    Caroline Chicoine, IP Constituency
> $$    Paul Kane, Registrars Constituency
> ~$    Milton Mueller, NCDNH Constituency
> $$    Elizabeth Porteneuve, ccTLD Registries (Herald for Philip Sheppard)
> $$    Philip Sheppard, Business Constituency (also associated with IP)
>
> By my count, that's:
>
>     5 of 6 supporting business interests.
>     1 of 6 supporting nonprofits.
>     0 of 6 supporting individual registrants.
>
> Capture, anyone ??

I take great exception to your description of our delegate, Elisabeth
Porteneuve, as  a "herald" of Philip Shepherd. It impugns both her, and the
constituency which appointed her, and to whom she has been reporting and
consulting on this issue.

While I accept your passion, please don't let the rhetoric become your
enemy.

And, btw, the ccTLDs do not routinely support business interests, do not
routinely oppose non profits (InternetNZ is one), and many support
individual registrants.