RE: [ga] The Network Solutions contribution to international terror

  • To: "[Ga]" <ga@dnso.org>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] The Network Solutions contribution to international terror
  • From: Joseph <fhlee@tm.net.my>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 19:29:37 +0800
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

Roeland,
	Sorry, I accidentally did not send my previous post to the GA.  I'm doing
so now.

Roeland Meyer:
>>> If MY registered for embargo'd registrants then NSI might have to block
MY from the root-zone. NSI is a US registry under contract to US DOC.
AFAICT, there are contingent liability problems otherwise, for NSI. This is
what I was saying four years ago, policies at the root registry push down to
the sub-registries and registrars. Especially, those that are based in real
laws. It all depends on the jurisdiction of the registry and its upstream.
*** As I am not a lawyer, I can only state my opinion.  And my opinion is
that the above is false/cannot be done.  If NSI have to block MY from the
root-zone, US must have a clear sanction against MY.  This is like saying
that US will stop economic ties to countries that sells food to Afghanistan.
It is a whole chain reaction ending up that US having to sanction all
countries in the world.  A sanction is a direct ban.  Not indirectly.

regards,
- Joseph LEE (Fook Heng)

--
IANAL = I Am Not A Lawyer. Before taking legal action based on anything I
say or write, you are strongly encouraged to seek the advice of an attorney.

--
R O E L A N D  M J  M E Y E R
Managing Director