RE: [ga] The Network Solutions contribution to international terr or

Actually, as registries, we only have to follow to our best capability. The
problem is that "best capability" isn't well defined. I would hate to be a
named party to the case that defines it, in criminal court. MHSC clients are
well known to MHSC due to the nature of our business relationship.

MHSC doesn't do mass-market registrations and the volume is therefore quite
low. It is low enough that we can and do manual registration. Mass-market
registries, such as yours, have a more difficult problem in identifying its
registrants. William is indeed correct. Someone opening a personal US bank
account, to get a debit card, can use that debit card to bypass most checks
that you can reasonably perform online. The question is whether the courts
would agree that those checks are sufficient and reasonable. Or, would they
impose a higher standard? The problem is that one doesn't know until one is
actually in court and facing those charges, or watching someone else face
those charges.

That is the territory where a prudent business person would fear to tread.
Or at least, tread softly and with caution.