Re: [ga] Fw: 6:224 AU (AUSTRALIA)...."...like a mini-ICANN...it may not have any responsibility for IP addresses..."

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Sandy Harris wrote:

> Jim Fleming wrote:
>
> > > The Next Generation Internet (NGI) is taking shape. Microsoft has
> > > recently made the technology needed to use "IPv8 Addressing" with IPv6
> > > available in Windows XP. That is the standard Windows now shipped on PCs.
>
> This is, as usual from Fleming, nonsense.
>
> Yes, Microsoft are beginning to support IPv6. A search on microsoft.com
> for "ipv6" turns up over 100 hits.
>
> However, that has nothing to do with Fleming's stuff. A search on
> microsoft.com for "ipv8" turns up precisely zero hits. They are not
> doing "IPv8 Addressing", or anything remotely like it.

Fleming stuff is not nonsense.  IPv8 addressing works in exactly the same
way as IPv6.  We tried it on two windows 2000 systems with success.  So
any time you see an IPv6 compatible system your guranteed it will work
with IPv8.

regards
joe

http://www.dot-god.com/