Re: [ga] Transfers TF participation

Philip,

Allow me to draw your attention to three points of order:-

1)  Marilyn is not the Chair, she is the Interim Chair pending an election
for Chair.

2)  You are certainly entitled to express your opinion about my request, but
Marilyn is the Interim Chair and therefore, it is her decision to make. I
have not received a definitive answer from her.

3) You are certainly entitled to express your opinion about how the GA
appoints its representatives, but typically, the GA cannot respond to
proposals that do not have a proper basis established.

The basis for your suggestion would need to address the question of how it
is proposed the GA determines its collective will on this occasion, how and
why the suggested procedure would differentiate from the GA's normal
procedures and those used by the other Constituencies, the likely impact on
deliberations of the TTF, (such as delaying consultation with ICANN counsel,
the election of the TF Chair and so on), also details of any cost
implications, such as Secretariat services.

Thank you
Regards,

Joanna

The URLs for Best Practices:
DNSO Citation: http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents")

Part I: Introduction, Principles and Definitions
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II: Flow Chart
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires installing the Adobe Acrobat
Reader, which is available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)
Part III - Time Line Guide
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-PartIII.html