Re: [ga] Constituency

Eric and all assembly members,

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Once we are in a constituency we are sworn to secrecy and loyalty to
> that "constituency"?

  Interesting question.  I would say the answers depends of the terms
of membership of that constituency organization.  First and foremost
everyone is and must be loyal to themselves.  After that I would say
anything else goes depending on the individual.

> Once Karl got on the BoD he swore and allegiance to the Corp. and not
> his constituency?

  He did?  Where is that documented or available in some written form?

> Karl because he has no members (or stockholders to which a fiduciary
> duty is owed)
>
> Constituencies because of what?

  A good but very broad question.  It has if you care to review the DNSO
GA and the NCDNHC archives, has been debated at some length.

> Karl's I get - however legalistic- constituencies no that is BS.
>
> Here is what my best friend Merriam says;

  Marriam who?

>                      1 a : a body of citizens entitled to elect a
> representative (as to a
>                      legislative or executive position) b : the
> residents in an electoral district
>                      c : an electoral district
>                      2 a : a group or body that patronizes, supports, or
> offers
>                      representation <creating... a grass-roots
> constituency for continuing
>                      the project -- Fred Reed> b : the people involved
> in or served by an
>                      organization (as a business or institution)
> <regards its corporate
>                      customers as its prime constituency.
>
> Karl I think you may be using a legalism to deny reality!

  How so?  Can you possibly be specific?

> Certainly the BC is way out of line and there should be a mechanism to
> stop them.

  Yes there is.  In fact several.  One direct one is for them to have their
ICANN Constituency accreditation yanked.  That is not likely to happen
however for many obvious and well known reasons.  Another is
to ostracize them.  This can work if the companies that are members
of this constituency (BC) are boycotted.  I know our [INEGroup]
members are considering this measure as I type this.  Our [INEGroup]
members are trying now to get in touch with the ATT BoD of directors
as a first start.  Than ratchet it up from there...

> Sincerely,
> Eric

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827