Re: [ga] Volunteers to do DNS for NCDNHC.ORG (update 1)

Marc, Eric and all assembly members,

Marc Schneiders wrote:

> Mr. Dierker,
>
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, at 05:57 [=GMT-0800], Eric Dierker wrote:
>
> > Mr. Schneiders,
> >
> > Is there a reasonable technical explanation for this seemingly
> > ridiculous travesty?  Or is it as it appears, a complete and miserably
> > incompetent boondoggle?
>
> I cannot think of any _technical_ explanation.

  Indeed Marc's answer here is quite correct.  There is not technical
explanation.  There is or are one of more management and/or judgment
explanations.  And it is here where the problem resides.

> Changing DNS may mean a
> short time being unreachable over the domain name. Not days and certainly
> not weeks. This is being handled badly, if I may say so.

  Agreed here with Marc as well.  However this is where the ICANN BoD
and/or staff should be concentrating their energy's or efforts as they
are a technically based and mandated body/org.

> Marc
>
> > Eric
> >
> > Marc Schneiders wrote:

> > > Even as it is, doing decent DNS does not mean deleting the domain from the
> > > old nameservers _before_ it has been changed in the ORG zone file...
> > >
> > > Marc
> > >
> > > --
> > > This message was passed to you via the ga-full@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827