RE: [ga] Mr. Qaddafi Salutes Verisign

The one-word answer for all of that is "treaty". This includes the court of
International Law, in Den Haag, NL. The reason that the Internet even works
is that it piggy-backs on international telecommunication agreements for
telephony and telegraph. Evenso, the host country can cut the link across
their border any time they want to. In addition, there are differences. Try
taking your PCS cell phone to London, UK. Don't expect it to work (I usually
rent GSM phones when I go there). Likewise, GSM phones won't work here.