icann@icann.org, where are you? (Re: [ga] ncdnhc.org disappeared?)

This is a story that might be told on this list. The domain was not paid
for and therefore deactivated, like all domains, even those whose
administrative contact is icann@icann.org and of which ICANN itself is
the registrant, like NCDNHC.ORG is.

For some reason icann@icann.org did nothing, so I personally paid for the
domain at the Networksolutions website to avoid it being lost. Yes, anyone
can pay, even for someone else's domain, even if it belongs to ICANN...

Then the domain worked again for a while. Now it has for some reason been
deleted from the nameservers of Randy Bush's PSG.COM.

On the mailing list of the NCDNHC it has been pointed out that all this is
not the fault of the NCDNHC, but of ICANN (staff?).

It does not reflect very well on those who are supposedly stakeholders in
the DNS, and even in charge of the DNS.

Maybe this message on this list will get icann@icann.org moving?

I am sure there are very many who would be delighted to do DNS for the
NCDNHC. I am. Another volunteer? Let's provide the domain with 13
nameservers for security reasons! I will send a separate message that can
then be updated when volunteers come forward.

--
Marc@Schneiders.ORG
Member of the NCDNHC for the Stichting A.G. van Hamel voor Keltische