[ga] DNH Plus - Plus

On the side of getting actual individuals to have voting rights in the
AL significant discussion was had yesterday.

Taking up, quit obviously on discussions contributed by GA members on
the ALS Forum, Mr. Bilt referenced many times that essentially domain
name holders would be the core of membership but that other methods
should be implemented to assure secure inclusion.  Ms. Dyson was quick
to point out that certainly attendance at a meeting  such as yesterday
was certainly valid proof of identification.

This is ok people, while we have a long way to go this is progress.  We
can extrapolate and see that postal verification and technical methods
of internet verification are logical extensions.

Please watch as democracy will take shape and form in Bosnia and now
Afghanistan.  They will take awhile before everyone can just run in and
vote.  Here in the US we basically de facto require literacy at a
reasonable level. (or in Florida maybe not;-)

I know that to many promises have been broken and bitterness is the only
reason they remain participating here in ICANN.  But contrary to the
alarmists great progress is being made and by the time my techie friends
figure out a way for every internet user to be able to vote securely I
believe we will have that right.  At this point it is technology and
money that holds us back.

I will address money later.

Sincerely,
Eric Dierker

(as always I ask any dotcommoner to step forward if this is not the
position of the dotcommoner)