Re: [ga] Report on the NC Transfers Task Force activities

Rick and all assembly members,

Rick H Wesson wrote:

> Bret,
>
> On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Bret Fausett wrote:
>
> > In a cover letter to the Working Group D report and in follow-up questions
> > to the NC, the importance of creating a process that will produce binding
> > "consensus policies" was explained. So don't blame Verisign when it refuses
> > to abide by the "new policy" that results from this closed Task Force. It
> > will be well within its rights, and the NC will have ignored advice about
> > how to produce a successful consensus policy.
>
> from what I've seen the Task Force is not closed. I hope Danny will make
> it clear that the NC TF on Transfers whishes to hear the GA voice.
>
> Besides, don't you think its time we learn how to develop a "consensus
> policy?"

  I think most of us here DO know how to formulate a consensus policy.
The problem has been and still remains that the NC and the ICANN
BoD are not listening, and there are a few here that don't seem
to understand that consensus must be measured via a vote.

> -rick

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827