Re: [ga] Songbird in the BC?

Jefsey and all assembly members,

Jefsey Morfin wrote:

> Dear Jeff,
> Kent is perfectly eligible to share in the NCDNHC as a represenative for
> the non-profit yachclub he is a member. Members of the BC or of the DNHC
> are not the individuals but the organizations. Can be Members of the BC:

  I have not argument or contention with your point here.  Perhaps
you misread my previous post.  ????

> - every business organizations except those representing ISP, registry,
> registrars and IP firms so BC does not compete with the other constituencies.

  Whether one competes with another constituency is really not the point
Jefsey.  It is if one is able to be a member of one constituency as
a for-profit and as another as a non-profit under the same company,
AND why another, in this case New.net cannot as a IP and a for profit
company be a member or the BC.

> - every business of more than one year of age and is not predominantly a
> Registry, a Registrar or an ISP. Others may become observers.
>
> What counts in the BC is not what someone does, but what is the business
> area of who pays him/her and the tearly fee.

  I think you mean "Yearly Fee", but none the less I understood this clearly.

> I note that New.net has perfectly the right to become a BC Member if being
> in business for more than one year, otherwise the BC would acknowledge they
> are a Registry (i.e. that their TLDs are valid TLDs for them).

  Yes this is ONE of the problems.  But only one.

> They
> obviously are but this contradicts the BC position on ICP-3.

  Yes, I understood that instinctually, Jefsey.  But thank you for
again pointing this out none the less...  >;)

> Jefsey
>
> On 23:43 25/10/01, Jeff Williams said:
> >James and all assembly members,
> >
> >   No you can belong to more than one constituency, but can only
> >vote as a member of one constituency.  But this really isn't what
> >is in question with respect to Kent Crispin's Songbird.com.  The
> >concern is that how can Kent be a member of both the BC
> >and the NCDNHC constituencies when his enterprise is obviously
> >a FOR PROFIT organization?  It would seem in that Songbird.com
> >is NOT a non-profit organization and therefore should not be a
> >member of the NCDNHC or if it is registered as a non-profit
> >than he should not be a member of the BC under the songbird.com
> >organization...
> >
> >   However this does not preclude Kent from belonging to two
> >constituencies per se.  But he seems to have done so improperly,
> >and I think he knows this as does the BC principals.  Hence it
> >would seem inconsistent that this should be allowed and the
> >ICANN BoD in it's oversight capacity should instruct
> >the BC to clarify why Kent under songbird.com is a member
> >and in what status, or instruct the BC principals to take action
> >to correct this problem forthwith.
> >
> >   My guess is that the ICANN BoD had no idea that this situation
> >existed, but it should have, and that it has no intention of addressing
> >this problem in it's oversight capacity in the near term, if at all....
> >
> >   BTW, we have discussed this concern when the formation of
> >the Constituency's were under way and that this was commonly
> >considered one method that could be used to "Stack the Deck"
> >so to speak so as to allow for certain participants or types of
> >participants to have an unfair advantage over others for the
> >purposes of policy decision making and consensus determination.
> >
> >James Love wrote:
> >
> > > How many constituencies can you belong to?  I thought it was just one.
> > > Jamie

> > find.  I can
> > to clean
> > boyo,  Oh and by
> > your ignorant

> > Yacht Club

> > our BoD.
> > services.  While
> > much they

> > that what you

> > does

> > that have
> > predominant

> > unrepresented.

> > > --
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >--
> >Jeffrey A. Williams
> >Spokesman for INEGroup - (Over 118k members strong!)
> >CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
> >Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
> >E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> >Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827
> >Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208
> >

> >--
> >This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams