[ga] dichotomy/choices

To be or not to be.  This is the GAs question.  I believe another twist
is Platos/Socrates Apology.

1. Do we remain here and cause the problem of adding authenticity and
veracity to ICANNs claim of bottoms up open and transparent consensus,
even though it is sorely abused and misused.

2. Or do we leave this "test of concept" as a failure. And begin to
build anew.

3. Or should we remain here and recognize that we need another body
entirely to deal with anything in a public policy arena.

Roelands motion sets the scene for our choices.  Certainly without it's
implementation in short order Number one choice is out, and I mean way
out, and I mean no way will I stay.

I find it hard to rationalize number 3 if this is strictly a technical
policy setting group without social responsibility.

I judge this list as talking strict technical issues about 6 per cent of
the time and policy in the public sense the rest.

This really matters between here and MDR for security and AL and ccTLD
and IDNO issues.

However I see one major problem in staying here; Extremely bright
technological people tend to act like snobbish elitists toward users -
hence the technical divide in its' real sense.  So perhaps getting a
grass roots user group going elsewhere would be better for both
classes.  I am by trade a Marketer and Trader and so I will go with the
masses any day, besides they like me better.

It is a process not an achievement.  So those of us who really care will
keep on going no matter what.

If the sun sets and you are not pleased, start tomorrow differently. (ed
2001)

Eric