Re: [ga] BB Straton, Bill and als.

Jefsey and all assembly members,

  This is a interesting suggestion or proposal from Straton that has some
obvious problems.  One of which you pointed out, Jefsey.  I also see
a couple of others.

- Such a system would be circumvented almost immediately by
   selecting a Phone Number that is simply and answering service.

- Web addresses would end up in many cases to be of a bogus
   nature or Advertising banner pages for porn sites and the like.

Jefsey Morfin wrote:

> The ``holy grail,'' said Straton Sclavos (Verisign Top), is to create a
> global voice and Internet directory to allow users to designate how and
> where they can be reached at anytime. The system would link phone and
> Internet capabilities so users need only a single identifier, either a
> number or Web address.
>
> Let imagine having your telephone spammed all the day and night long. What
> an exciting prospect!
>
> I feel the "holy crusade" is to fight that! He says this is no "big
> brother".  It is far worse: it is "big brotherhood".
>
> This crusade should start in lobbying for Whois to be abolished - everyone
> knows that data are outdated - and replaced by whois protocol. This would
> make whois://domain.name the opt-in universal address for user information.
> Either on site or delegated to whois private services.
>
> One of the most interesting feature would be te be able to send a mail to
> the webmester from an online form - possibly with paging/sms associated to
> it - without disclosing his mail.
>
> Harald, may be could you help in telling the way his could be studied?
>
> I know there is an RFC indicating the fax://domain.name and
> tel://domain.name are supported. Anyone knows the RFC reference?
>
> Jefsey

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827