Re: [ga] Outreach/Multilingualism and Finance (wg-review results)

The Internet Cafes average over one hundred patrons a day. (my best guestimate
which is fairly informed)  A campaign to get them all worked into an
association, ok out of a million plus we only reach 100k.  Because of the way
of the Internet, most if not all Cafes have a few members and most likely
employees that speak their native tongue and English.  We have a built in
translation system.  We simply provide registration assistance and information
regarding the working of ICANN, dates for votes and summaries easily
translated.

The enthusiasm is there I have seen it.  If you give these people a right to
have a true voice in how the Internet is run they all have an opinion and want
to participate.  The TOKTEN project is a model that we can follow or actually
ask for assistance through, it is world outreach and development.  I believe
that if the right system was set up TOKTEN reps could actually work through
the Cafes in both directions.

As you can see through Danny's site this could be a great communicator.
Imagine if that is the Homepage in the cafes.  International awareness of
Ideas would be greatly enhanced.  Translated summaries of ICANN events could
be posted there within quick access to any concerned.  This would greatly
reduce the cost for the user as they pay for time and would not have to
meticulously follow all the workings but get updates.

This of course could generate interest for the ccTLDs as well and we should
probably integrate the model with them.

With Roelands motion the time is precipitous to bring this out as I am sure we
will reach overwhelming consensus on it, and a broad based user group is very
good for the process.

Sincerely
Eric