Re: [ga] Ballot question

Eric and all assembly members,

  I believe that it is proper and reasonable to wait for a ballot as
Danny, our elected chair has requested and others, including
myself have suggested.  Ergo, your attempt here Eric, although
well meaning and possible laudable is a bit premature and in
direct conflict with the current procedure.  Therefore I
do abstain from THIS Poll to which you suggest here...

Eric Dierker wrote:

> I choose not to abstain.  I choose instead to ask all to move forward
> although I find this extra vote extraneous because we have consensus
> like we have never seen before in the GA.
>
> [  X ]  Agree
> [     ]  Disagree
> --
>
> DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>
> > In accordance with the rules and procedures of the General Assembly, a motion
> > has been put forth, has been seconded, and after discussion has received the
> > benefit of a friendly amendment.  The Chair has determined that sufficient
> > consensus exists to move the matter forward to a ballot.  The Secretariat is
> > instructed to commence a vote of the General Assembly on the following ballot
> > question:
> >
> > Whereas the Domain Name Supporting Organization Formation Concepts (adopted
> > by the ICANN Board March 4, 1999), state that "The ICANN Board should
> > periodically review the status of the constituency groups to determine
> > whether all DNSO interests are adequately represented"
> >
> > Whereas members of the General Assembly have repeatedly expressed their
> > concern that the DNSO as currently constituted is not sufficiently
> > representative
> >
> > Whereas problems outlined by the DNSO Review have not been remedied
> > internally, and efforts undertaken by the Names Council have failed to
> > sufficiently address these concerns
> >
> > It is therefore
> >
> > RESOLVED that the ICANN Board be advised that:
> >
> > 1.  Members of the General Assembly believe that DNSO dysfunctionality
> > requires direct ICANN Board intervention
> >
> > 2.  The General Assembly seeks to establish a representative balance by being
> > placed on equal footing with the current DNSO Names Council and creating a
> > bicameral DNSO.
> >
> > 3.  The General Assembly seeks initial budgetary/Secretariat support for the
> > DNSO/GA to perform its functions.
> >
> > 4.  The General Assembly will work with ICANN to develop an appropriate
> > funding model to support its activities.
> >
> > 5.  The General Assembly seeks representation on the ICANN Board (to be
> > filled by a representative voting the recorded consensus of the DNSO/GA)
> >
> > 6.  The General Assembly seeks to have both an Advocate and a Consensus
> > Leader, both elected positions of the DNSO/GA with budgetary control and
> > responsibility for all DNSO/GA staff.
> >
> > 7. The General Assembly re-affirms the GA's commitment to the DNSO as
> > originally envisaged as a place for cross-constituency dialogue and
> > consensus building, and requests the Board to fulfil its obligation to
> > facilitate the entry of thus far unrepresented constituencies.
> >
> > [ X ]  Agree
> > [     ]  Disagree
> > --
>
> Eric
>

> > This message was passed to you via the ga-full@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827