Re: [ga] Re: Roeland's Motion, AMENDMENTS

Joop and all assembly members,

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 14:28 20/10/01 -0700, Roeland Meyer wrote:
> >1) I would rather keep it very simple, not giving them anything to get
> >distracted about. This includes request of reaffirmation. They've already
> >affirmed it once, don't give them a chance to re-open an old debate.
>
> Up to you, but I think with the additional clause your motion will gain
> broader consensus.

  Looks like thus far it is doing pretty well as it is...

> >2) This also goes for election/representation issues. They do not touch
> >bicamerality, which is a structure and not a process. Membership
> >qualifications, in the GA, are already established. So are membership
> >qualification in the NC. Not only do they not need to be changed but, even
> >suggesting that we do so makes this entire motion open to diversion. IMHO,
> >we've had sufficient diversion. We have sufficient process for now to handle
> >bicamerality and to create more process if this actually gets moved forward.
> >First we instantiate the concept and then we make it work.
>
> I understand where you are coming from.
> Good, as long as you realize that the IDNowners start with a heavily
> diluted "GA chamber" full of converse interests.

  The GA is full of diverse and converse interests.  That is nothing new
at all.  In fact it is one of the few great strengths that the GA has.  This
should be true of the IDNO as well.  However the IDNO seems to
be full of rancor still...  Perhaps that will change...

> This is almost like the compromise that Roberto proposed in Melbourne.
> It's better than nothing, that's all.

  Hummm?  Not sure where you are coming from here really.  It is
much different than anything I have seen Roberto offer.  In fact the
BC issue with Constituency membership of this nature has only occured
a few other times.  And in Melbourne New.Net did not exist...

> --Joop

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827