Re: [ga] Re: Roeland's Motion - Attn. DNSO Secretariat, ballot needed on this motion...

Eric and all assembly members,

  Remember Eric, first we must have a ballot from the secretariat.
Allow for Danny to do his work on this.  Than we can vote in the
proper manner.  Anything else leads to chaos.

Eric Dierker wrote:

> It is my humble opine that you people either speak up now or we shall face certain
> goneness.
>
> I shall continue in my limited roll as consensus builder and outreach expediter.
> but without input Mr. Williams and Walsh and Younger and Meyer and Hernand and
> Morfin and Dassa will not get their needed motion and umph through.
>
> Please dotcommoners stop watching and start voting.  Right here and Right Now.
>
> May the equinox find you prepared for cold and looking forward to shorter days,
>
> Eric
>
> Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > Bret and all assembly members,
> >
> > Bret Fausett wrote:

> > > Danny, Roeland's motion circulated, for the first time, yesterday. It's
> > > inconceivable to me that there has been sufficient time and comment to
> > > pronounce it an emerging GA consensus view.
> >
> >   Agreed but Dannys rewording the motion was a very good idea.  I hope
> > that Roeland is not offended in any way and the he is not characterized
> > in Dannys rewording inappropriately.  I am sure Roeland will speak up
> > if he feels that he has been.
> >
> >   What Danny rewording does and nicely so, is provide a very well
> > done motion that we all can review, suggest rewording to, and eventually
> > vote upon when complete.  That is a good and honest method of approach
> > that benefits all of the assembly members.
> >
> > > For my part, I think we need
> > > great reform in the current DNSO structure to ensure that all persons and
> > > companies have a place within the constituency structure, ensuring that
> > > their voices are heard and their interests served, but I am not convinced
> > > that making the General Assembly an equal chamber is the right answer.
> >
> >   Respectfully I disagree.  Lacking allowance from the ICANN BoD
> > for new self forming constituencies as the ICANN Bylaws provides
> > for, and the fact that the GA is a "Catch all" for those that don't
> > fin into the existing constituencies, or may fit several constituencies,
> > and therefor best fit into the GA.
> >

> > > The better solution, in my opinion, is to add constituencies as necessary to
> > > represent the entire range of interests in the DNS and allow the GA to serve
> > > the function for which it was designed: a place for cross-constituency
> > > dialogue and consensus building.
> >
> >   Agreed.  But as you know the ICANN BoD has not allowed for this to happen
> > in any timely or reasonable manner.
> >

> > >       -- Bret
> > >

> > Regards,
> > --
> > Jeffrey A. Williams
> > Spokesman for INEGroup - (Over 118k members strong!)
> > CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
> > Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
> > E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> > Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827
> > Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208
> >
> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams