Re: [ga] BC exclusionary practices and GA funding

Roeland and all assembly members,

Roeland Meyer wrote:

> Hello Erik,
>
> Where did you miss the part about MHSC being a registry? Go back and read
> again. This is exactly why we aren't in the DNSO/BC.

  Yes.  This is something that seems to becoming a problem that Eric
is unfortunately displaying.  He seems to frequently either misread,
misinterpret, or characterize in a manner that is other than what
another has posted to fit a certain political ideal of his preference.
As such, a troubling disruption seems to be yet again raising it's
ugly head amongst the GA members.

> The MHSC root zone is
> on ROOT-SERVICE.NET. The only difference is that MHSC.NET does not run a
> publically available registration service on the web. We never have. All VPN
> registrations are done  as a part of an MHSC Engagement Agreement and MHSC
> never sells a registration unbundled from a development project. The zone
> file entries are done manually. No, we don't sell as many names that way.
> But, selling names is incidental to our main business and the names would be
> useless without the rest of the architecture. But, MHSC is still a registry.

  Indeed.  ANd this is how I interpreted or understood the manner MHSC
operates its business.  None the less it is good for those that are assuming
otherwise for purpose or purposes that are of a rather political nature
of contrary design.

> Our AboveNet-based servers show a steady 1.5Mbps throughput, each. The Web
> is not the whole Internet. It is only a very small part.
>
> New.Net has reached exactly the same impasse that MHSC reached years ago. I
> was actually quite vocal about it at the last MdR meeting.

  Indeed true.  And this is an important point that is sometimes not in the
thinking process or some.

> According to the
> rules of the DNSO/RC neither MHSC nor New.Net are accredited ICANN
> registries. I don't know about New.Net, but MHSC will not sign the ICANN
> contracts as written. The DNSO/BC is a different matter, but they're being
> their normal pig-headed selves. I might point out that the ORSC,
> AtlanticRoot, and PacificRoot are also in this same boat, except that they
> choose to not be involved with the ICANN.
>
> Whilst I'm on the topic of the DNSO/RC, if MHSC pays out $50K then MHSC
> expects to see guaranteed results. MHSC does not buy lottery tickets. MHSC
> would be better served buying me a Porsche Boxter and keeping the change
> (not quite enough for a Jag XK8 <sigh>). At least, one can kick the tires
> after having spent the money.

  ROFLMAO!  Well stated Roeland!

> --
> R O E L A N D  M J  M E Y E R
> Managing Director
> Morgan Hill Software Company
> tel: +1 925 373 3954
> cel: +1 925 352 3615
> fax: +1 925 373 9781
> http://www.mhsc.com

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827