Re: [ga] Re: Task Force appointees, MOTION

Joop and Jeff,

You two are great contributors and I thank you both, but;

You guys do not get the point that ICANN is consensus driven not democratic.
This is very standard for the beginning of any authority.  The USA was not
founded democratically but by consensus, then it later grew to be democratic
(actually Republican, read Plato's Republic) and then it took over 100 years to
give most adults the right to vote.  Right now we are in a developing consensus
stage.  I certainly hope that within a few years we are totally globally
democratic, and that is why we must continue to stress your point of view, but
not block progress by it.

I also note that there is some confusion as to voting in some of the other posts
on this thread.  The request goes to the NC and there they do vote.  Although
technically I think the vote is really just a tool to determine consensus and
note it must be public.

Roberts rules of order work for group voting, best practices work for consensus.
It is good to note that both can be determined by apathy.

Joops concern over possible good and bad appointees can be handled by committee
and sublists.

If we all get on the same page and realize that in no founding paper is the term
democratically elected from the GA mentioned we can accomplish consensus much
quicker.  Then maybe we can all get together and get that term in place.

May goodness come to each of you all the days of your life.

Eric